To start using this instrument you need to include it in the library, you can do this in the Preferences & Miscellaneous.
This is a interface for the Moog Sub 37 synthesiser. It sends MIDI out and receives audio back which makes the Sub 37 act as if it was an internal instrument local to LNX. Most of the controls of the Sub 37 are here and changes to them can be both sent and received. This means any control can use Automation and store changes in Presets & Programs. There is a piano roll for sequencing and a MIDI clock to synchronise the on board sequencer. The presets stored on Sub 37 for now can not be imported. There is also a program tab for easy browsing of these presets.
This help file is here to get your Sub 37 working in LNX_Studio and not as a tutorial on how to use the Sub 37.
- Synth tab - opens the synth controls of the Sub 37.
- Piano Roll tab- See the Piano Rolls help file.
- Prg tab - opens the programs tab which is used to manage the presets of the JP-8.
- On/Off &Solo - turns the Sub 37 On/Off or solos it.
- Off behaviour - tell the Sub 37 what to do when its turned off.
- Audio In - turns the audio off but leaves the piano roll playing.
- Sequencer - turns the piano roll off but leaves the audio playing.
- Both - turns both the audio and the piano roll off.
- Audio In channel - this sets where the audio for this Sub 37 is coming from. (i.e which audio bus). Inputs always come in stereo pairs but individual channels can be chosen in the channel setup. You don't need to have the audio coming back into LNX to control the Sub 37.
- Channel setup - can be Left & Right, Left + Right, Left or Right or No Audio depending on your needs.
- MIDI - opens a window to select the MIDI in & out channels + ports. See MIDI Devices & Controls.
- Cntrl - opens the MIDI Control editor and allows you to edit the MIDI controls you set up on the Sub 37. See MIDI Devices & Controls.
- Preset Manager - Add, remove or select presets, see Presets & Programs.
- Master Audio send channel - this sets where the audio effect send of the Sub 37 is going. (i.e which audio output bus or which effect bus)
- Master Audio out channel - this sets where the audio output of the Sub 37 is going. (i.e which audio out bus or which effect bus)
- Synth Controls - has all of the controls of the Sub 37. When changed here it will change them on the Sub 37. Any control can use Automation and store their changes in Presets & Programs.
- Hold Pedal - the current position of the hold pedal.
- MIDI Clock - turns the MIDI clock on and off. Normally MIDI clocks only work if they have been playing since the start of a song. If you are turning this on you may need to press stop and then play to get it working.
- Pitch Up & Down - the pitch range of pitch bend wheel.
- Program - saves the current Sub 37 MIDI program change with the LNX preset. When the LNX preset is recalled it changes in on the Sub 37.
- Controls - saves the MIDI cc controls with a preset. When the preset is recalled only those that have changed are sent out.
- Sub 37 Bank & Program - the current bank & program selected on the Sub 37.
- Net - allows anything being played on the keboard to be networked and played on every computer in a colaboration, including MIDI In note events.
You can play the keyboard with either the mouse or the QWERTY keyboard. See Keyboard GUI.
At the moment LNX has no way of knowing what position the controls are in when a program change happens. This means only those controls that have changed are updated. You need to manually edit the names of the presets in LNX to the corresponding ones on the Sub 37.
This page lets you easily browse the presets on the Sub 37. Just click the preset name and it will open on the Sub 37. When the [S] button on the top left is off it lets you edit the name of the presets in LNX or select them when on.