To start using this instrument you need to include it in the library, you can do this in the Preferences & Miscellaneous.
This is a interface for the Korg Volca Keys synthesiser. It sends MIDI out and receives audio back which makes the Volca Keys act as if it was an internal instrument local to LNX. Only the controls Korg allows on MIDI cc are here and changes can only be sent from LNX but not received. These control can use Automation and store changes in Presets & Programs. There is a piano roll for sequencing and a MIDI clock to synchronise the on board sequencer.
This help file is here to get your Volca Keys working in LNX_Studio and not as a tutorial on how to use the Volca Keys.
- On/Off &Solo - turns the Volca Keys On/Off or solos it.
- Audio In channel - this sets where the audio for this Volca Keys is coming from. (i.e which audio bus). Inputs always come in stereo pairs but individual channels can be chosen in the channel setup. You don't need to have the audio coming back into LNX to control the Volca Keys.
- Channel setup - can be Left & Right, Left + Right, Left or Right or No Audio depending on your needs.
- MIDI - opens a window to select the MIDI out channel + port. See MIDI Devices & Controls.
- Cntrl - opens the MIDI Control editor and allows you to edit the MIDI controls you set up on the Volca Keys. See MIDI Devices & Controls.
- Preset Manager - Add, remove or select presets, see Presets & Programs.
- Control tab - opens the synth controls of the Volca Keys.
- Piano Roll tab- See the Piano Rolls help file.
- Synth Controls - has all of the MIDI controls you can use on the Volca Keys. When changed here it will change them on the Volca Keys. Any control can use Automation and store their changes in Presets & Programs. As the Korg Volca series has no MIDI out there is no way of telling what position the controls are in.
- Volume - the amplitude of the synth.
- Off behaviour - tell the Volca Keys what to do when its turned off.
- Audio In - turns the audio off but leaves the piano roll playing.
- Sequencer - turns the piano roll off but leaves the audio playing.
- Both - turns both the audio and the piano roll off.
- MIDI Clock - turns the MIDI clock on and off. Normally MIDI clocks only work if they have been playing since the start of a song. If you are turning this on you may need to press stop and then play to get it working. Also you might need ot set the BPM of the Volca to match that of LNX_Studio.
- Controls - saves the MIDI cc controls with a preset. When the preset is recalled only those that have changed are sent out.
- Net - allows anything being played on the keboard to be networked and played on every computer in a colaboration, including MIDI In note events.
You can play the keyboard with either the mouse or the QWERTY keyboard. See Keyboard GUI.